Sunday, June 22, 2014

Gianna's birthday party


Gianna had a Fabulous (capital F) birthday party with all of her school friends.  You can't tell from the pictures though.  The birthday girl refused to smile for me.  But it might have been that she was just too busy having fun to stop for photos.

We were almost late for our own party. Well, that's what I thought, anyway. But in reality, we got there 15 minutes ahead of the party start, which is exactly what we had planned.  Sure, we had to hustle, and maybe Nico isn't wearing socks, but we're all there, and I guess that's what matters!


Pre-party and stressing about the caaaaake and who all is coming. Because I'm not Martha and parties stress me out, even when they are being handled by someone else.  And I'm all, "I've got a gassy baby on my hip, who is going to take pictures? WHOOOOO?" and the girl behind the counter was all, "Hi, I can operate a camera." So I smushed everyone together for a pre-party family photo. And Gianna didn't smile in that one, either.




Tonight we are happy and tired. I'll report more tomorrow...like how horrible the cake turned out (the caaaaake a la Franck Eggelhoffer/Father of the Bride), but also why the cake really didn't matter because of how much fun was had by all.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment