Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Wednesday before the last day of school

Tuesday drop off at school.


There are three letters to sum up how I feel about this week, and tomorrow: O M G

I'm simultaneously freaking out because my children will be having a ceremony tomorrow (do not roll your eyes...when you have children, these stupid preschool graduations mean so much) and because I'm trying to finish up the teachers' gifts before tomorrow morning. 

Why am I sitting here writing when I have so much to do?  Well. I can't finish up the teachers' gifts, because I'm waiting for one mother to bring her child's artwork to school pick up this afternoon. Yes, even though I asked for the artwork (that I gave all the supplies for so that there would be no delays) to be completed and delivered to me by last Thursday, June 5, this mother has yet to bring it to me.  Today is  her last chance. So, there's nothing else for me to do until I have everything. Ahem.   Second, I love nothing more than to write about how emotional I am feeling about my children!!! There! I said it.  I know that it can be positively grating when someone (me) is always whining about how sad everything makes her (me) and how emotional she (ME) feels.  I'm sorry if that's the case for you.  Sorry for being so grating and complaining about this one anonymous mother (grrrr) that hasn't given me the needed artwork.

But I do feel....so much....with my children. It is amazing how much emotion I feel and how strongly I feel these emotions. They are so incredible, these children (all children) and man, what a wonderful experience to have in your lifetime.  (Please don't write me emails about how you don't want to have children and how dare I suggest that the only way your life is complete is if you have children. I don't. I believe everyone has meaningful, emotional experiences in his and her lifetime as long as she/he has relationships - be that with your children, your partner, family, friends, dogs, cats, parakeets or even your garbage man! Enjoy!)


Tuesday school pick up. I've decided Nico is not going to school.

So this week has been especially trying and exhausting and emotional for me.  I'm just trying to get through tomorrow, people.  Tonight is going to be one big craftastic rush trying to get four (4!!!) teachers' gifts together by tomorrow a.m., but hey, as long as it makes them smile, all will be well. (Note to self: next time, don't volunteer. Just don't volunteer.)

Tomorrow, we have the rainbow bridge ceremony where both Bode and Gianna will say goodbye to their current teacher,  cross the bridge, and say hello their new teacher. I get so weepy just thinking about it (grate. sorry).  Unfortunately, we have been asked not to take photos or videos.  The teachers feel (strongly) that the photo-taking and video-taking during these events takes away from the experience for everyone.  They have appointed one parent to take the photo of each child crossing the bridge. Hopefully I will be able to focus on the event and Nico will be quiet so that everyone can enjoy the experience.  RWF will not be able to attend because he is in CA.  That is a big bummer for me.

After the rainbow bridge ceremony, we are going to walk back to the school for a picnic.  There is going to be a lot of walking and carrying of things (school stuff, teachers' gifts, picnic food for my family) and I really hope that I can do it all (and keep track of Nico). ;)  I want tomorrow to run smoothly and be a really happy day for Bode and Gianna. 
Wish us luck!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment