Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The weekend in pictures

In addition to our little egg  hunt, I'd like to share the following snaps from the weekend:

The Little Artist
Grandma sent Bode a birdhouse to paint. I expected him to last 5 minutes with this project. He was so focused! He loved this activity.

The little artist, dressed in Mommy's t-shirt and headband.

Letting the muse speak to him before applying the first brush stroke.
I painted his name on, and Bode added his own flair to it.

The artist and his work.
The masterpiece displayed
A Park Outing
We went to the park. I love putting both Bode and Gianna in swings now.  There's something so, "this is your life" when I look at the two of them swinging side by side. Of course, I have to put Bode in first (because he now runs everywhere) which means that Gianna has to sit and wait:


Gardening and Bugs
Gianna naps for a couple of hours in the morning.  Bode and I usually spend the time outside. I started digging this weekend, hoping to plant some tomatoes and peppers.  Bode watered the ground for me. I walked away for about 1 minute to put the shovel away and came back to find him completely soaked, and stomping in the mud puddles that he created.  So I had to strip him of his jeans and socks. "Farmer Brown" (as  he insisted on being called) is now into bugs.  We found some roly-poly bugs and some worms while working on our garden. "Farmer Brown" used his shovel to scoop the roly-poly bugs into a bucket.  I refused to let him dig up the worms.  Suddenly, he's so into bugs, mud, and running. Where did this come from?

Stripped of his jeans after a mud puddle stomp.

Checking out the bug situation.


All By Myself
Bode has turned 2 1/2 years old, and just this weekend, is acting differently. He now says, "I do it myself," and wants to put socks and shoes on by himself (he can't, but he likes to try), wants to open and close things, turn things on and off by himself (this morning he wanted to operate the toaster without my assistance), read lines from a book by himself (which involves me reading the line and then waiting for him to repeat the line), and sing songs by himself (if by chance, I start singing one of his favs, he gets very upset with me and says, "No, no, no! I sing it, I sing it!"). Afternoons are very hard, as it seems he becomes even more emotional and irrational after his afternoon nap. And I, in turn, also get more emotional and irrational. I know that this is a very normal stage (for a 2 year old, not for an "adult"). I just hope that the emotional aspect to this development is a very quick phase. (What is that I hear? --laughter? Hmm?) On the other hand, he says "please" a lot.  It is very endearing to hear him ask for something in his sweet little boy voice, and tag a "please," on the end of the request.  Bode has discovered running and now finds it fun to run everywhere.  I have a whole new level of "alert" going on in my body/mind these days when we are outside. He is all boy.  I hate to say that because it sounds so...stereotypical. And I wonder, is he really "all boy" or is he just "all toddler"? I don't know because Bode is all I have. I guess I will have to wait until Gianna turns 2 to find out.

Daddy time
After he works out in the morning, Bob gives me a break by taking the babies for awhile. He'll read to them, or play.  Sometimes, if Gianna is going down for a nap, he'll take Bode for a walk or to the park.

I hope that you had a very enjoyable weekend!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment