Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dadurday

I don't know if it was all the sickness, Bob traveling, or what...but this week was hard for me.  Friday, I was such a grouch, and had zero patience for my sweet 2.5 year old.  I went to bed Friday night feeling like such a horrible excuse for a mother.
Today (and every weekend, really) Bob was such a big help.  He is always an equal partner in the parenting and the householding.  But today, he was extra helpful.  He knew that I was "done" in the mothering department and that I needed some "me" time. So, after he worked out, he sent me outside for a run and fresh air.  It felt great to be out running again.   And then later, I went out for a mocha and a maple oat scone.  I came back home and then took a 45 minute nap.  I felt so much better after I got up!
Bode and I played with his Cars friends while Daddy worked out. The sunglasses are Gianna's.

Bode loves his "buggy blanket" and decided to play on it this morning.

Suddenly, Gianna is a big fan of Bob.   He came back from a 5 day trip, and Gianna was very, very happy to see him.  Since his return, she's happy to see him every day, giving him a big smile and reaching for him when she sees him.

They spent a lot of time together today.  Again, I think Bob was trying to help me out. But I also think that they both were enjoying each other's company! This afternoon, Bob caught up on his mail and Gianna "helped" him. 


They have the same noses, and probably the same profile!

Right now, I am able to write this post because Bob is with Gianna, helping her to sleep! Thanks, Bob!
Happy Saturday, everyone.
xo

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing to watch Bode play with his cars........I have very vivid memories of Bob playing with his cars for hours and hours on end. Guess "playing with cars" is a genetic thing! Like father, like son!!

    ReplyDelete