Sunday, July 3, 2011

Gianna's Birthday, part one

Miss Mia Gianna is one year old, and very loved, as evidenced by the numerous birthday wishes and love sent to her across the miles. She had a fabulous first birthday. She was all smiles, ate well, napped well, and just enjoyed her big day.

Gianna received many presents for her 1st birthday. We had to pace ourselves.  We opened up the presents over the weekend. Once again, our family and friends were so generous, and sent a ton of goodies to our babies (both babies "celebrated" by opening presents).

Not surprisingly, Gianna woke up in a great mood. She was all smiles to start her day as a big 1 year old.
Breakfast: strawberries, banana, Cheerios

I made Bob pose with Gianna. I wanted the photo to be like one of my favorite photos of Bode's 1st birthday. Sentimental and contrived...that's me!  After breakfast, we opened a few presents. Gianna loved the tissue paper best!









Gianna went down for her morning nap. Bode played with some of his presents while I ran around trying to get last-minute party prep done (cutting strawberries and watermelon). I put Bode down for an early nap so that I could load up Bob's truck (!) with the high chair, paper products, sand toys, first aid kit, extra clothes/diapers/wipes, water, food, etc. etc. etc.  I could not believe how much stuff I had to take to the park! It was an insane amount of stuff, and I doubt if I ever willingly do this on my own again.  Once Gianna and Bode got up, I had to dress the children and then put them in the car for errands.  We picked up our balloons and cake, then made our way to the birthday party site, the park.

[ed: I apologize for taking so long to post. I took 238 pictures on Gianna's birthday. On Friday night, I edited them down to 131 pictures. I will post more photos, as well as, more written description of Gianna's birthday, tomorrow.  Thank you for your patience! Stay tuned!]
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment