Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday play date

Every Friday morning, Gianna's playgroup has a play date in the park. We meet at Starbucks (yay) and then walk together to the park, which is conveniently located behind the Starbucks. We have only made this play date twice. Gianna usually has a very long nap in the mornings, which prevents us from doing anything until late afternoon. Today, I decided that we needed to skip the nap and make a park our priority. I really like this park because it has the perfect mix of shade and sun. It is also small enough for Bode to play on his own without me feeling like I have to hover right over him.  We hauled his big bag of sand toys and construction trucks to the playground (not super convenient when you're pushing a stroller, trying to corral a 2.5 year old, carry a purse, blanket, and hold your hot mocha!). Once again, the construction trucks proved to be a great play-starter with other kids his age. I love it. I only wish that I had done this sooner for him.




My goal is to get the babies to the park every day (as well as, walk Priscilla once a day).  Yesterday I lamed out with a trip to Target. We always need something. And it is an easy outing for me and the babies. I can put them in the double-seat cart and we can shop for an hour. 





A few of you have asked about Bode's potty training. It is going great.  He is doing really well. Of course, he is completely motivated by the sticker reward chart. Actually, he is motivated to get a toy car!  I keep changing the sticker rule. One week it is 5 stickers for 1 car. Another week it is 7 stickers for 1 car. It depends on how well he is doing. Sometimes 5 stickers is way too easy for him, and  I have to run to Target to replenish my car supply!  This potty training is expensive! I don't know how/when I will be able to get away from the sticker/car reward...or if I will even be able to.  I have created a monster!  But he is a good monster, and I love him more than anything.
My "monster" with one of his cars.

A bit of trivia:  Victoria and David Beckham named their daughter Harper.  That was Bode's chosen name when we thought he was a girl! (we were told that Bode was a girl, at first, so we went immediately to the "girl name" decision) Can you imagine? I can't (now). Gianna's chosen boy name was John.
Happy Friday, everyone!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment