Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why I have been absent

Bob was leaving for a business trip when I started feeling a lower back ache that travelled up my spine, into my shoulders and then worked its way all over my body.  Fever, chills, sore throat, and vomiting followed, to name a few symptoms. All I wanted to do was wrap myself in as many layers as possible and sleep. Did I mention that I have two children? Two babies that depend on me for food, shelter, clothing, diaper changes and other basic necessities? Did I mention that I was all alone? With two babies that need me for their every...well, need?
On the second day of sickness, I went to the doctor to see if there was any way of preventing the babies from getting sick (insert laugh track here). After determining that I had "just a virus," my doctor's only advice was to have family watch the babies while the virus worked its way through my body.  I almost cried. I said, "I don't have any family here."
I was so sick, and unable to take care of my babies. The headache and body aches made it impossible to do anything but lay down. I would try to sleep on the couch, and Bode would order, "No, mommy, you not close you eyes." So I would try to sit up and pretend to be interested in his 1,387 car game. I couldn't tolerate the sight or smell of food. So meal times were a hurried throw-the-food-in-the-direction-of-the-high-chair-tray, and make a run for the restroom while the babies ate.  At one point, I was lying on the floor with Gianna playing nearby when I heard a crash, a  scream and then crying. I couldn't even get up. I just asked, "What happened" with no energy in my voice. Bode came running up with blood all over his hands and chin. Ordinarily, this sight would have caused me to jump up in a panic. I had no reaction except dread, to see if I had to take him to the emergency room (Please God no I can not drive). He cried and cried. He wouldn't tell me what happened. So I guess he tried to climb a table, fell, and bit down on his lip in two places. Multiply this type of living for five days. It really was a sucky situation.
Fun times, let me tell you. So. Having experienced h-e-double hockey sticks (for those minors reading) all on my own, I am now ready for family.  FAMILY.  I WANT FAMILY! I NEED FAMILY.  I told Bob that we need family nearby. So, to make things interesting, let's make this a contest:  we will move to the town of  whoever posts a comment on this post first.  GO!
Just kidding. Kind of. This horrible sickness did get me thinking. Without getting too dramatic, I thought about a lot of different situations. In the end, I am incredibly lucky and grateful for everything that I have, mainly my health! 
I know that I still have more on Gianna's birthday to post, and other things. Today, I enjoyed my babies,  food, fresh air, sunshine...life! I am excited to be back.
Happy Wednesday.
xo



Gianna and Bode, shocked to be outdoors, after so long.

Thrilled to be at the park!

Are they trying to escape..from...me?

Gianna tries to keep up with Bode.


Mommy joins in the fun.

A simple task, like giving the babies a bath, was impossible for me to fathom a few days ago.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'll bite. I am the first one to post so I guess you are headed to Syracuse, NY!. By the way, did I mention that our annual snowfall can top 150",, no kidding! So......pack your bags and head this way. Lol. Sorry to hear that you were under the weather.....wish we could have helped you out.

    ReplyDelete