Thursday, September 15, 2011

Buy buy, baby

I have been shopping up a storm.  It has been fun, in a manic, "Do-we-need-this-now-or-possibly-in-the-next-three-months?" kind of way. I'm trying to gear up for all of our travel, as well as, have warm clothing for the winter months that are going to smack us in the faces once we arrive in Berlin and New York.

Remember when I was all, "No pink, please" when I was pregnant? You can laugh now.
Bode is set on clothes. Thanks to grandmothers and aunts, he is stocked for the next two years.  Gianna, not so much.  This is not a plea for clothing donations.  She is still a baby and is growing by "months"  sizes and not "year" sizes like Bode. So I'm trying to stock up without you know, over-stocking.

Gianna sez, "There's no such thing as too many clothes!"
We went shoe shopping for Gianna today.  This baby has tiny feet.  I was so very disappointed when the nice shoe salesman informed me that they do not make Uggs in Gianna's teeny baby feet size.  I was so very disappointed, until he said, "But we do have these..."  and presented me with the most adorable little suede booties in fuchsia!  My heartbeat quickened as I saw that the adorable little suede fuchsia booties had matching fuchsia faux fur lined on the inside. Not quite Uggs, but still, YUM.  The salesman also showed me the same booties in black and tan.  Excuse me?  No.  We want the (fun) fuchsia.

Gianna sez, "Wearing a matching cloth diaper is optional, but it's so fab if you do!"


Another of my more manic interesting purchases has been this guy.  Meet Baby Emperor. 


from here
He was a gift from Grandma.  A long time ago, Grandma went to the zoo and sent Bode and Gianna some stuffed animal  souvenirs: a lion cub and (this) penguin. When I opened the box, Bode grabbed the lion cub.  So the penguin was given to baby Gianna, who knew no difference.  In fact, I'm pretty sure Bode grabbed the penguin out of baby Gianna's hands as soon as I gave it to her.  But now? Now this is really Gianna's penguin. This is Gianna's go-to at nap and bedtime.  She also sometimes likes to bring him table-side when eating breakfast.  The poor guy has been in the washing machine and dryer more times than he'd like, I'm sure. I call him Guin, short for penguin. Ho! So clever, I know.  Bode never had an "attachment" or "transition" object except for a wooden puzzle piece, a school bus, that hardly ever left his hands.  I'm not sure how "attached" Gianna is to Guin.  She doesn't cry for him or can't sleep without him, as far as I can tell.  And, we don't  really  encourage attachments.  I don't bring Guin in the stroller, in the car, or anywhere.  But we aren't taking any chances.  Today I ordered two Baby Emperor stuffed animals just like Guin.  We will have back-ups, just in case Guin flies, or swims, the coop.


Gianna sez, "Guin won't leave me!"

Big hug

In other news, Gianna walked today with the use of her baby doll stroller.  I wasn't very surprised, as she has been standing on her own two feet and "walking" on her knees for awhile now. Or maybe it's just hours and hours of observing her mother walk while pushing a shopping cart.
Happy Friday!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment