Thursday, September 22, 2011

Farewell, Summer


This afternoon around 4 PM, Bob called me.  The babies had woken up from their naps and had already eaten a snack. "What are you doing?" he asked. I explained that the babies were up and I was trying to decide what to do. It's been such a hot week. I've had a hard time motivating to get everyone outside. "Well," Bob continued, "I'm downtown and you know, the farmer's market is going on."  Within a few minutes, we were headed downtown to meet Bob at our local farmer's market. 

See this dude?  See what he is doing? See the popcorn flying?  Kettle corn.

Bode scored his third bag of popcorn this summer. The bags are HUGE. I asked if it was possible to get a mini bag. The lady who manned the register shook her head No, but took pity on me and gave me another plastic bag, so that I could spoon out a smaller portion for Bode to eat from the humongous bag we purchased.



Bode ate and ate and ate while we walked up and down the street, looking at the produce and other foods.  I was taking this picture of Bode when I spotted the firemen.  I spy with my little eye....



We sat on the street curb and watched the people walk by.  We enjoyed the shade and thought about dinner. 






We dined at an outdoor table covered in a plastic red-checked table cloth and ate falafel, pita and hummus.





It was the perfect end to summer.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment