Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The weekend in pictures*

As usual (lately), I started grumbling about making dinner around 4:30 on Friday.  Bode graciously opened up his kitchen and prepared dinner for us.  Pizza and pasta were on the menu.  And, it should be noted that he is probably the only chef that cooks wearing sunglasses (upside down  pink sunglasses, no less).





Saturday afternoon, Bob and Gianna had a tickle fest while Bode napped.  Bob also read one story to Gianna. This is notable only because she is not "into" reading books like her big brother, and won't sit still for them.

Blurry but too cute not to publish.


Sunday afternoon, we went to the Los Altos Hills Hoedown.  It is an annual event at our local barn.  The local riding club puts on a show.  They also open the barn up and the children (and adults) have fun viewing the horses up close. I didn't take any photos of the show or the barn because I didn't want to startle any horses.  Last year, a horse whinnied at Bode and it really scared him! So I was trying to keep things calm.


Gianna wore a strawberry outfit. Thanks, Nana!



One highlight for Bode was the fire truck on display!

Bob and Bode enjoying the horse show.

Walking down (independent!) to see the miniature ponies.


On the other side of the barn is crafts, kids activities, and food.  Bob and I never carry cash.  Bode spotted a popcorn machine (luckily he didn't see the caramel apples!).  Of course he asked for popcorn.  We found out that the popcorn was $1. Bob turned to me and said, "I don't have any cash. Do you?"  I frowned, like, "What do you think?!" But  I dug out my wallet.  I had  exactly one (1) dollar bill in my change purse!  So glad that I didn't have to disappoint my son! (actually, I would have done anything - begged a passerby, ridden a pony bareback, whatever it took! - to get Bode popcorn)


Bode anticipating the popcorn.


He ate the whole bag!
As we were walking back to our car, Bode walked very slowly because he was eating his popcorn. A mother behind us was (loudly) lecturing to her kids, "No, you can't have popcorn right now. It's dinner time.  Popcorn is a snack.  Popcorn is not dinner. We will have popcorn as a snack tomorrow." Yadda yadda yadda. It was prettty funny.  Of course, Bode ate the whole bag of popcorn and, as you can guess, didn't eat any dinner.  But you know what?  I don't care. He enjoyed himself (and the popcorn).
Bode and Gianna were completely zonked after the festivities. We got home and it was Mission: Bed.  I stripped them of their clothes but didn't bother with a bath. While I went downstairs to grab pjs, they got in one last tickle fest before bed.
Blurry, but look at how HUGE Bode looks!

Priscilla is probably smelling the popcorn on Bode!
Happy Wednesday-almost-Thursday!
xo
*I am sorry that I haven't been posting much this week. I am busy, busy, busy!  There is so much to write about and I will, in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment