Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mia Gianna: 14 months



Dear Gianna,
This week, we have been felled by...gastrointestinal issues.  I, in particular, have been laid up on the couch, riding a nauseous wave with eyes partially closed.  "Partially closed" because I had to watch you and your brother until Susana, our wonderful baby sitter, could relieve me. Yesterday, while I was lying on the couch, you pulled up onto the couch and smiled at me.  You are so delightful in that you want to be near me always.  Unfortunately, at the time, all I wanted to do was go hide in a hole until this nausea subsided.  I smiled weakly at you and explained that I wasn't feeling well, so I couldn't pick you up.  I watched you through my slitted eyes.  As if you knew that it was your 14 month "birthday" and you knew that I would need something to write about (besides this Godforsaken nausea), you started cruising along the couch.  At first,  I thought I was hallucinating. But after opening my eyes and really watching you, I see that you actually did "cruise" for the first time.

Congratulations.

Now stop it.

There's plenty of time for that, later.  And I don't want to hear you saying that I don't let you have any fun.  I let you have a lot of fun. Just check out these photos:









I know that you don't like baby food, and you're way beyond any kind of pureed goodness, but I was trying to get you to eat a veggie with your lunch.  And look - you had fun with it.  Who else but your mother is going to let you create such a mess with your food?

Love,
Mommy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment