Friday, February 17, 2012

Make way for ducklings and puddles

This morning we ran an errand downtown.  And since the sun was out and I was feeling slightly more energetic than usual these days, we walked to the park.  The park is situated between downtown and Skidmore College.  There is a long walking path and a pond.  And in that pond (and around that pond), there are ducks. Lots and lots of ducks.  

I know, I know that the hat is confusing.  You're wondering, "Did HAS shoot these pics in December, and recycled them for this post?"  Um, no.  Bode found his Santa hat this morning, and insisted on wearing it out today.  Ho, ho, ho. 









It is quite the scene with the two of them outside. Both children are running in different directions. I'm trying to watch both of them, dig through my bag for a hat for Gianna, and most importantly, snap photos. Gianna would wear one hat, and I'd look up to see it off. I'd replace it with another hat. I've started packing multiple hats and gloves for her. 

And then, Bode found a puddle. A huge puddle, the perfect puddle for splashing around.  







I don't know why I had the foresight to put Bode in his rain boots this morning, but thank goodness I did. He was absolutely soaked from his bottom to his boots by the time I finally convinced him to leave the puddle.   Then we went straight home, dried off, put on warm clothes, and ate cheese & crackers before our nap.  
Happy Friday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment