Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine




Yesterday after naps, we woke up to find that the sun was still shining.  This is huge, because normally, there is no sun after 2 PM. It is such a drag.  As an added bonus, the temp was 52 degrees.

Gianna asks, "Dude, why are you still in those pjs?"

Bode seems to think that he is Hugh Hefner. All he wants to do is lounge around the house in his Lightening McQueen pajamas.  I have the hardest time getting him dressed lately.  And truthfully, I don't have the energy to fight it.

At night, after baths, we pile into our bed.  I love the quiet time with pajama-clad babies, and our bed is my sanctuary right now. They love bouncing on our bed, reading stories and drinking milk before retiring to their respective beds for sleep.


THIS is what made me smile on Saturday.  Bode picked out his clothes.  The "hat" is his pajama shirt.  The overalls are a hit with Bode because he can store lots of cars in the pockets.  There are many different motifs here:  a Christmas pj shirt as a hat, a checked shirt, overalls with race cars embroidered all over, and striped socks.






These babies are the only things that keep me functioning lately. I love them (and their daddy) so much. I keep thinking about my mom. She would email me every day.  A lot of times, she would close her email with this question:  "What fun things are you and the babies going to do today?"   I feel sad.  I know that I am letting her (and them) down lately.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment