Friday, February 10, 2012

Worth the price of tuition



Big preschooler's second day
Today was Bode's second day of preschool.  When we got there, he immediately ran off to the playground equipment. I "lost" him in a wooden fort.  I kept asking him to come out and put on his "suit" but he wouldn't budge. Luckily, he was well layered.  It was 21 degrees.  His teacher took the snowsuit and mittens from me and promised to get his suit on him at the first opportunity. "Maybe when he goes to the slide," she suggested.

Gianna thinks she goes to this school, too.

Gianna and I spent two hours running to the mall for a return, and to the grocery store. I was exhausted by 10:45!  But we drove on to Bode's preschool and then waited by the front door for him.  The first child came out and there was a collective, "awwwh!" because the little boy was clutching a paper heart that he had made.  One mother excitedly whispered, "They made something!"  

I have to admit that I got completely teary-eyed thinking about Bode and his first real piece of school artwork.  It did not disappoint.  He walked out, led by his teacher, his eyes never leaving his artwork. The teacher led him over to me, and  I grabbed him in a big hug. Bode said, "Rook at dis, rook at dis heart, mommy!"  

I think the white paper heart with his handprints on it completely took the sting out of tuition.  I'm sure RWF would not agree. But for me, a big "AWWWH!"  and so worth it.



Baby doll
I am so in love with Gianna's hands right now. I love the chunky, chubby little arms and hands of babies and toddlers. But Gianna's hands are not chubby. They are so delicate and fine.
Enjoying the fresh air after a nap

Weekend plans:  big date night tonight! I am so excited. RWF and I have not had a date in ????....a long time.  I have been scouring the internet looking at restaurant reviews and menus. I love good food! And it will be lovely to have some quiet time with Mr. RWF.  We have reservations at two different restaurants, because right now, I can not decide which one I'd rather eat at. I have two dresses laid out on my bed. I have no idea if they fit, or what I will wear if they don't! Other plans are not so exciting. In fact, I am dreading them. I need to unpack my suitcase from the hospital. The suitcase has just been sitting in the corner of our bedroom like a bag of garbage. I do not want to do this. I am absolutely dreading "revisiting" the clothes I wore in the hospital. I'd rather just torch the whole bag and not think about it.  But I think maybe my pearls and some good boots are in there.  I also need to clean the house, which has been neglected since my return from Dallas. Last night, I ate some cookies while three cookie sheets of veggies roasted in the oven. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I am the only one in the family that loves roasted vegetables. So I should probably cook something this weekend so we can all eat. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be relaxing and quiet. I love doing "nothing" with my family. 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment