Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What I like to think of as a reward for my efforts

These past few weeks have been hard.  A real drain.  I have low energy, little interest in doing much of anything aside from the care and feeding of my children (barely), and sleep (yes, please and more).  I'm just painting the picture here. I'm really aware of it, and know the "warning signs" and all that.  No need for alarm,  or calls to the M.D.  I will be, and am, fine.  I'm so sad over my mother. The end.

So, getting the children outside to play?  Not my favorite thing to do lately.  But I do it every day.  I know that they need the fresh air. I know that, even though there is no visible sun in the sky, it is there. The babies benefit greatly from fresh air, sunshine and free play.  

This week has been particularly bleak and grey.  Today the little weather icon on my iPhone showed a frowny-faced cloud.  Okay, there really was no frowny-face, but there was a grey cloud. This again?  (sigh) After naps, I bundled everyone up and took them outside.  To distract myself, I snapped these photos:





Priscilla gives Gianna a kiss!

Gianna smiles in appreciation. They love each other.


And then, lo:  the sun appeared.


Bode driving a "snow prow"

He snow-plowed all over this pile of snow.


As Bode might say, "Hooray!" We stayed out for another 30 minutes, just to soak up the little bit of sun that graced our afternoon.

Today I noticed something. It was more like a slap in the face.  Priscilla is getting old. She has white hairs around her eyes and cheeks. I hate to even acknowledge it.  As if by even mentioning it, even thinking it, I've somehow cast a grey cloud over her.  

Oh P, please don't get old on me. I love you too much!

It makes me wonder about how she's handled Kelly's death, and the move.  I remember when Sasha died, Kelly aged so quickly, turning white almost overnight. I can't handle it.  So tomorrow I'm taking Priscilla to the salon for highlights and color. 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment