Thursday, April 26, 2012

Morning ritual, Thursday ritual

Every morning (or, nearly every morning) when Gianna is eating her breakfast, she will hear RWF get into/out of the shower, or pull clothes or shoes from his closet. Gianna will shout, "Dada. Dada! DADA!" She gets louder and louder until RWF acknowledges her by shouting back, "Gianna!" or "Where's my baby girl?" She beams. She shouts, "Dada!" Invariably, he stops what he is doing, and comes out of his room partially dressed (unbuttoned, sockless, and shoeless) to give her a good morning kiss. Because she is irresistible to her daddy that way.








I am enjoying Thursday mornings.  After dropping Bode off at school, Gianna and I head to the bookstore. First, we stop at the cafe for a mocha and a muffin.  After our snack, we head back to the children's section to play at the train table or browse books.  I think I could get used to this little routine of ours. 

On stage at the bookstore


See ya


Is anyone else happy that we are approaching the weekend? After RWF's extensive travel these past weeks, I feel like I haven't seen him at all (even though he was home for a bit this past weekend). I am ready for a low-key family weekend.
Happy Thursday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment