Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Photo dump

My iPhone is at the Apple store today. Sigh.  I don't know what is wrong with it, if I did something, if Gianna did something, or if it's just an Apple glitch.  I feel so lonely without my phone. Sad, but true. I use my phone for everything - checking the weather, checking in with friends and family, checking the time, reading, etc.  (Notice that I didn't say CALLING anyone!)

We went to the bookstore today. It hailed while we were driving over! The weekend and through this week, it is rainy and cold. Dullsville. Anyway. When we got to the bookstore, we got a muffin and a mocha (for me). Then we went back to the train table  and hung out with some friends.  Since I couldn't take any pictures today, here are some photos from this weekend:

On Friday, while Bode was at school, Mia Gianna and I had some coffee talk.  It was nice to just sit with her.  RWF and I talked this weekend about how we really need to start implementing one-on-one time with each child. RWF is good about it, but I am usually with both kids at the same time, all the time. We both feel that Bode and Gianna would benefit from alone time with each of us (and, we would, too).



Here is Bode before school.  Notice he's already got a book in his hand (at 8 a.m.).  He loves to read!
Alex P. Keaton?


In the afternoon, Louise woke up from her nap, teething.  It is rare that she cries from teething (never?). So I knew it had to be serious. Luckily, I was quick thinking and remembered I had popsicles in the freezer. I plan to buy a popsicle maker soon. I want to make our own popsicles! I think it will be fun for Bode and Gianna (and I love that I can control the sugar, making them naturally sweet with fruit). These are "all natural" fruit pops but you know that there's other stuff in those popsicles that we don't need to eat. 

I love that I call Gianna "Louise," and she answers without hesitation.  I call her "Louise" after her Aunt Mary Lou.

Not surprisingly, Bode was not a fan of  the popsicle. He is also not a fan of the camera, which is why you don't see too many photos of him these days. I'm trying to respect his wishes (while secretly filming him when I can...wink).


I love these photos of MGF. It was after breakfast and she had made a song, singing "Up, up, UP!!!" while bouncing and dancing in her seat. Bode and I were both laughing.  She spiced up our typical morning of eggs and coffee with her J-Lo style moves. 





Hope those last three photos make you want to get up and dance!
Happy Tuesday.
xo

PS Those are all my baby shopping purchases from the weekend that you see behind MGF.  We don't need anything.  I keep reminding myself that: we don't need anything. We. don't. need. anything. Rinse and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment