Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring, Summer

Surprise!

Today it was 85 degrees.  Yowza!  If anyone had told me in January that it would be 85 degrees in April, I wouldn't have believed them.  The temps have changed so dramatically since the start of this Spring.  Saturday we were wearing our down jackets at the park.  Today, we were in short sleeves and sandals (and hot!). 

We went to the park by Bode's school today. It was 70 degrees, sunny and beautiful. Nobody was there. I pushed Bode and Gianna in their swings while catching up on the phone with one of my sisters.  Then we moved onto the play  structure with the swervy slide, and I slid down it with Gianna in my lap several times.  She wouldn't try it by herself.  At 11:20, I announced that it was time to leave.  But Bode was just getting warmed up, and 5 or 6 little kids had just arrived on the scene.  Bad timing, kids.  I let Bode play for a few minutes while I changed Gianna's diaper and got her strapped into the stroller.  Of course, Bode had no interest in leaving the park.  I had to pull the Bad Mama Jama card and follow him up a ladder and all the way down a slide to convince him that yes, I was indeed serious that we needed to leave and he had better start walking toward the car a.s.a.p.

We got home and I put Gianna down for her nap.  Then I pulled out the long hook and the ladder and got to work pulling the shades on our skylights down.  It was going to be a hot day, and I wanted our house to stay cool, without air conditioning!

I felt bad for kicking Bode out of the park just as a crew of kids had arrived. But I had no choice. It was Gianna's nap time. And I do not mess with Gianna's nap time unless I absolutely have to. Because I felt bad, I agreed to let him watch the Cars movie.  Of course we didn't nap either.  By the time the movie ended, Gianna was waking up.  

After a quick snack, we went outside.  It was 85 degrees and I thought we would last  20 minutes.  But it was nice and breezy outside, so the heat wasn't so bad.   Lots of water and standing under a shade tree didn't hurt, either. 






Note the sunglasses on top of his head.



See ya.

Happy Tuesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment