Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Why we absolutely positively do not need anything for the new baby

I have a new iPhone. Thanks to my sweet husband who took time out of his busy work day to run to the always crazy Apple store in Albany (or, really, Anywhere USA, for that matter), who swapped my wonky phone for a new one.  My new iPhone was indeed not working (and not due to any fault of mine, or Gianna's - thank goodness!) which is why I now have in my hot little hands another new, newer (?) iPhone. Thank God! Because now, I can document exactly why we do not need to purchase anything for this sweet little baby.

Behold:




This pretty much covers the first six months of life.  And then, I have two more huge Rubbermaid totes to dig into for months 6 and beyond.   Actually, if I am honest, I will tell you that this baby is covered, clothes-wise, for the rest of his life.  See, I am a hoarder. And I saved every little thing from Bode's babyhood* up to present day (and I do mean, every little thing...so don't be confused if you see the new little guy sporting a beanie claiming him to be a newborn from Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto, CA).   

So this baby is in hand-me-down city for his life. Thank goodness his big brother  has such great clothes!  I absolutely adore the idea that another little boy baby is going to be wearing Bode Wm's sweet newborn clothes. Love it.  I have such happy, happy memories looking at all of Bode's newborn onesies, socks, and receiving blankets.

The one thing I do have to figure out is how to get the clothes off the guest bedroom bed and into a dresser. A dresser that does not exist just yet.

I love having to make these decisions.
xo

*And, I might as well add, Gianna's baby stuff, too.  But now that we know that we are having a sweet baby boy, it might be time to purge Gianna's clothes.  Some day. I'm not ready yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment