Saturday, April 14, 2012

Road rash

So I'm very disappointed to report that Gianna had a big crash on Friday.  The right side of her face is all scratched up from falling out of the little red car and onto the driveway.  I had some gnarly photos I was going to post, but iPhoto thought differently, I guess, and ate them.  I guess it is just as well. Who wants to see that precious face all banged up?  Certainly not me.  I wince every time I look at her.  It looks much, much better today than it did on Friday. Thank goodness. 

Friday we went to a new park, Kelley Park, in Ballston Spa.  It was a 15 minute drive, but it was worth it.  The park had great play structures, swings, and a sandbox.   Bode asked me what park we were going to, and I replied, "Kelley Park."  He smiled and said, "Kelly is in California with Jade.  They are chasing each other. They rike each other a rot!"  It makes me sad that Bode remembers Kelly and Jade. But I guess he has them in a happy place so that is good. 

We left the park late, and Bode said that he was hungry, so I knew that he must be starving. He never complains about anything. For him to say something about a 'need' is saying a lot.  I took them to Chipotle. On a Friday night. At 5:30 PM.  Yes, I'm crazy that way.  There was a line, and as we waited, I kept scanning the restaurant for a booth or table to open up.  I knew that both babies had to be super hungry and really wanted them to be able to sit down and eat.  After we got through the line, I bolted lurched toward an open table, carrying my food tray and my 28 lb baby, barking at Bode lagging behind me, "C'mon! Let's grab that table!"   They had a good time eating.  Bode can eat a taco all by himself. I find that pretty impressive, as I still can not eat a taco without it breaking into an unmanageable mess.

Today we went to Congress Park. First we stopped at Starbuck's.  I've been off of my beloved mocha for about 4 months.  But I tried one on Friday, and now I'm hooked again. It tastes better than ever.  (Mocha, mocha...how I love you.  Sorry for  not returning your calls for so long. So happy that we are reunited!)

We went to the duck pond and hung out for 1 1/2 hours, because Gianna loved chasing the ducks, I loved sitting on a nearby bench enjoying my mocha, and Bode loved hanging out with a new friend that he met while there.  We all enjoyed the sunshine and warmth!

They were dancing together, then fell down.

The Band-Aid, for looks only. The scone, for eating.

Run, little ducky!




The barefoot artist

Look at her dirty bottom!

After story time tonight, I asked Bode what  he would like to do tomorrow.  He said that he would like to dance.  So I suggested we have a dance party with Gianna. He said, "That would be good."  Then he said that he wanted to go outside and ride his bike. I said, "That sounds easy enough. What else?"  He paused for a minute and then announced that he wanted to ride a motorcycle!  A shiny, black motorcycle.  I told him that we would have to talk about that one with his daddy first.  
Hope that your Sunday is full of sunshine, bike rides, dancing, or anything else that makes you complete!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment