Saturday, January 19, 2013

It's Friday, I'm in love*

It's Friday, and I'm in love with:

Babies in cozy sweater sets:


Sun-lit baby eyes that make me think of Weimaraner puppies:



Image taken from Google search


(I love Weimaraners, too.)

I love this little girl who loves dresses so much.  It was 7 degrees when she got up, but she insisted on wearing this cute little frock.



She added the green tutu herself.  And about an hour later, she finally agreed that it was probably a tad too chilly to wear this dress  (and bare legs).

I love this baby wearing hand-me-downs.  I just adore pulling out old baby clothes and toys for Nico. It is so fun to revisit the memories, and I love the idea of reusing these loved items.



I'm in love with Gianna's entourage.  They all aren't always with her. But at least half are in her vicinity throughout the day.  At night, we have to quickly round everybody up for bedtime.  If, after (finally) tucking Gianna into bed, we leave someone out, Gianna will suddenly remember, "Oh! Where is [x]? I need [x]!" and the hunt begins.

From left to right, they are: Penguin (the original gifted by my mother when Gianna was about 5 months old), Penguin (a back-up I ordered online before we left for Berlin in 2012), Hop-hop (a gift from Aunt Deb in Pittsburgh when Gianna was a newborn, named by Gianna and sometimes (now) called, "Mommy"), baby (a gift from Aunt Dawnie that's been around since about 3 months, no name), Christmas baby (a gift from Santa in Gianna's stocking in 2012), Leila (a 2013 Christmas gift from Nana, and not named by Gianna but Pottery Barn), Amy (2013 Christmas gift from Santa, named by yours truly), Kristi (2012 Christmas gift from Nana, named by yours truly) (I named Amy and Kristi because Gianna asked me to name those babies. At the time, I drew a blank on names, but then thought of what made me think of love, my two dear friends Amy and Kristi came to mind), Nico (a gift from Aunt Claudia, named by Gianna), and Brooke (gifted by Grandma when Gianna was about 3 months old, and the doll was much bigger than her and I had a hard time imagining that Gianna would ever be bigger than this doll, named by Bode).


Bode Wm. is sick, and Gianna is headed in that direction, too. So we will stay home and stay cozy until everyone is on the mend.
Happy weekend.
xo

*It's a "Friday Love" but I didn't post it until Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment