Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ladybug*



Ladybug is back! This is Bode's first love, and true friend.  When Bode was working on tummy time as a baby, when he was out and about, when he was learning to sleep, she was there. She was always there!  She's a loyal friend, always encouraging and smiling.  She always says, "I love you, Bode! You're the best baby ever! Ever!"  




So when I pulled Ladybug out for Nico, guess who was right there, ready to stake claim to his girl?  Bode loves it when I tell him stories about (his) clothes that Nico is wearing, baby gear, and of course, when I pull out old baby toys.  I told Bode and Nico all about Ladybug this morning. I told them how loyal she is to Bode, because she thinks that he is "the BEST baby, ever!"  And then we talked about how (maybe) Ladybug could keep Nico company while he does tummy time.  

Bode asked me if Nico was "working" and I explained to him that tummy time is his exercise. We talked about how we all have to do exercises to get stronger. 

And then I went into the kitchen, and with my back to them, I stuffed a cookie in my mouth. 

It's all about survival.

It's been a rough week at our house, sleep-wise.  Every night, Bode (and Nico, of course) gets up for some reason or another.  And it's always dramatic and loud when Bode gets up in the middle of the night, which means I'm scrambling to act quickly in my sleep fog to get to him before he wakes the whole house.  But last night was really hard.  Everybody got up at one point. First, Bode was up. Then Nico got up for a feeding. And then Gianna was up.  I went up to her room at 3:12 A.M. and she smiled brightly and announced, "I AWAKE!"  After I got her settled down again, it was time for Nico to wake for a feeding. Good times.
Happy Thursday.
xo
* I changed this post title from "That Girl is Mine," to "Ladybug" because I couldn't stand to have a reference to a cheesey Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney song....even though that song was the original post title...because that song was stuck in my head all day. (ugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment