Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Nicholas gets a haircut



Sir Nicholas (as I like to call him) has had this...thing...in the back of his head for a couple of weeks. It's like a little fuzz ball in his  hair.  It's tiny, you wouldn't even notice it unless you were looking at his hairline. I tried everything to get it out...soaking it in the tub, rubbing it between my fingers, scrubbing it with soapy water, "tugging" gently, etc.  It just would not budge.  

This morning, I was giving him a bath and trying to remove the offending fuzz ball again. It would not go.  I decided that I'd have to just cut it out.   

I bundled Nico up and carried him out to the kitchen to grab the baby nail scissors (where I had left them yesterday...I am so disorganized).  RWF was sitting at the dining room table and he immediately (it seemed) said, "Why don't you cut that stuff out of his hair?"   I thought that this was funny because (a) I didn't even know that RWF had known it was there, and (b) we were thinking the same thing.  I huffed, "I am!" I then handed the scissors to RWF and held my baby's head for his first "hair cut."  I almost cried. (Not really.)  I did mumble, "His first hair cut...." RWF finally snipped the fuzz ball out and held it out for me, saying, "I suppose you want to save this,"  No, I do not. It is not really Nico's first hair cut.  At least, I am not counting it as such!


Then Sir Nicholas was ready to eat, having had a good bath and grooming.  After breakfast, we had a little photo session because I can't resist taking photos of every second of this little baby's life!

His pediatrician told me to go ahead and put him in a seat.  He said, "Look at him, he's ready!" So I pulled out the little seat and Sir Nicholas sat on his throne for the first time this morning. That is definitely worth documenting with a photo.  I love that all of my babies are using all the same gear.  That's special.  Whenever Nico wears a hand-me-down of Bode's, I tell him that  his big brother wore it, and that Nico should be honored to wear it as well.  (The onesie he is wearing today in these photos does not happen to be a hand-me-down.  I bought this, and several others, when pregnant. I could not resist shopping for my new little guy.)

See the perfect bubble?





Have a wonderful Wednesday.  Can you believe we are already in the middle of this week?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment