Thursday, April 17, 2014

Reading



We have been going to the library and picking out a new "chapter book" (as Bode calls it) every week.   Bode is on a Roald Dahl kick. So far, we have read "James and the Giant Peach," and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." 

Last night, we started "The Fantastic Mr. Fox," and I think it will be a winner just like the other Dahl books we have read.



Once Bode is ready for a new author, I want to introduce him to "Charlotte's Web." And of course,  the whole "Little House" series will be on our family reading list.

I loved all Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume books as a kid (and still do!).  But I think I want to wait on those for when my children are independent readers.  Some things are best discovered on your own. I have to admit,  I will try my best to influence their reading material!



Did you love reading as a child? What were your favorite books and authors?  I'm excited to see what types of books and authors that our children read as they grow. I hope that they are always readers!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment