Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The weekend



We had a fairly busy, fairly relaxed weekend.  We stayed busy, but it wasn't so crazy that I felt like I didn't get any rest.



Friday, we found out that the owner of the house we are renting is planning on chopping down a tree in our front yard. This upsets both me and RWF.  The tree is mature and beautiful. It provides a lot of coverage and is a great "climbing" tree.  We studied its placement, and found no cause for it to be removed.  So, we voiced our concern to the owner. We are waiting to hear her decision.  Friends, this house has been one thing after another and my patience is...done!!! Please send some good thoughts our way, that we might find a great house and place to live. Thank you.


Hugs from Nico
Saturday, RWF and Bode went skiing.  Gianna, Nico and I traveled to Vancouver, WA for a birthday party.  It is so close!  We just crossed the Columbia River and boom! we were there.  I do not like crossing bridges and high overpasses.  This town is testing my limits on an almost weekly basis! I get anxious when approaching a bridge, and I've had to  give myself a pep talk about crossing bridges.  I can drive on the bridge, but I can not talk, think or do anything else but concentrate on driving across and getting over it as quickly as possible! ACK!


I was amazed by Gianna's independence at the birthday party. I guess, since she is always with me or Bode, I was surprised at how she just broke away.  She wasn't really interested in hanging out with her friends. The party was held at a park, and she ran off and played on the playground, independent of me or any friends.  I kept my distance, to encourage her independence. But I also found that I was a tad anxious, worried about keeping an eye on her, and Nico, who was also roaming about.  When we got home from the party, I told RWF, "Never again!" because I hated worrying that someone was going to snatch one of my children while I was watching the other. Does that sound extreme?  Maybe it is, but in a large park, it was hard for me to watch them both when they both wanted to do different things.   My one comfort was that other parents that knew Gianna were present and were at least "aware" of her.   


Sunday we went on our usual family walk. I don't mean for "usual" to sound boring.  It is comforting and relaxing to do this walk every Sunday. It is a nice routine for all of us, a quiet walk in the woods, together.  And of course, any time to soak up the sunshine is welcomed!



This week is all about Easter preparations! I have bought more candy since I ate the first batch. I'm planning on making little Easter bunnies featured in Martha Stewart. They look so cute, and I hope that the children like them.  Please send some energy my way so that I will finish these bunnies in time for their Easter baskets!  Tomorrow, we will dye Easter eggs, I think. And of course, read our Easter stories this week so that we get excited for the Easter Bunny's visit!
Happy Tuesday!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment