Friday, March 9, 2012

Bonk

The morning started out great.  I had made a delicious cheeeeese (oh so much cheese!) omelet for breakfast. Bode came downstairs, took one look at the eggs on his plate and announced that he wanted French toast.  I was in such a great mood that I thought, "Hmm. Why not?"  And got up from the table and made him French toast. It was delicious. My stomach is so happy that I let my 3 year old rule my culinary endeavors at 7 AM.



Then, after breakfast, because Gianna had decided to get up at the ass-crack of dawn, we had plenty of time to have a party on the bed before dropping Bode at preschool.  I know that I've mentioned before how much I love hanging out in our bed with the babies.  We had a ticklefest, story time, and some zerberts,  all before 8:30 AM.





These are all blurry, because I was giggling like a loon while trying to snap pics.


Gianna is big on two things right now:  exposing her belly for a zerbert (raspberry) and not allowing me to put pants back on her after a diaper change.  As soon as the diaper is fastenend, she rolls over and runs off before I can even grab a leg.  If I suggest putting on her pants, she says, "No!" like, "that is the dumbest idea ever, Mom."   








Runnin', runnin'...

I thought I'd get more downtime while Bode was at school, but that is not the case.  It seems that Gianna wants to capitalize on all her "alone time with Mommy" and holds me hostage in the playroom.  She single-handedly destroys the playroom while Bode is at school. Books, puzzles and games all come off the shelves and are opened and dismantled.  If I check my iPhone or get up to use the bathroom, she warns, "Mommy!" and presents me with a puzzle or something else that I need to play with right away.  It is like that movie Misery, where the obsessed fan Annie wants the famous writer all to herself. 



Here is a puzzle for you, Mommy!






Today I dropped Bode off in his ski pants and a fleece jacket. It wasn't until I was almost home that I realized that he didn't have his down jacket on in 30 degree weather.  I did a crazy U-turn in the street and barrelled on back to his school, because "MAH BAYBEE! MAH BAYBEE is a-freeeezin!"  I felt horrible. I got to the school and ran over to the playground. There was Bode, having the time of his life running around on the playground (with the other snow-suited, mittened, snow-booted children).   The teacher laughed when I dangled his down jacket in front of her.  She said, "It looks like he's doing fine, but I'll definitely get it on him."

When I picked Bode up from school, he ran out the door and immediately onto the playground. Gianna was running in another direction and I had to grab her. I looked up to see Bode running directly toward the swingset. If you are a mother, you know where this is going. In slo-mo. I have seen this happen enough times on the playground but it has never actually happened to Bode. Until now. I screamed, "BODE, NO!"  as he ran right in front of a big kid swinging.  The big kid missed kicking Bode on the upswing, but then BONKED Bode on the head (with his snowbooted feet) on the downswing.  Bode was knocked to the ground and immediately started crying.  I felt so horrible for him.  He laid there and cried for a long time. I tried to soothe him, while checking for any traumatic injuries. Luckily, there were none.  This of course caused a lot of attention with the teachers on the playground. Attention that Bode did not want. I shooed the teachers away and just held Bode (while also keeping a squirming Gianna in my lobster claw grip). I have to figure out a solution to school pick up.  Maybe Gianna will have to go into a stroller. But I don't know what to do about my playground loving boy.  I am sure that he has already forgotten about the big hit he took this afternoon.  But I haven't.

He was so sad after the big swing hit!


Saying goodbye to his teacher, who ran after us, (all the way to our car!) to make sure he was okay.

What are your weekend plans?  I am trying to catch up on laundry today so I don't have to worry about it this weekend.  I was really hoping to do more today, but it seems that I have run out of steam. I hope that we eat breakfast out sometime. I need pancakes.
Happy Friday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment