Friday, March 30, 2012

First...

pigtails!

When I hugged Bode "good morning" bright and early today, he stared at me for a long time. And then he announced, "Your hair is like a siren."

I had no clue what he was talking about (oh, okay, I had a small idea that he was referring to my bedhead) and just said, "Thank you, Bode!" (I think that sounds like a song title, or maybe a poem: Your hair is like a siren)

Then, when I went downstairs, I was talking to RWF and saw all these random hairs moving around while I talked to him.  I walked over to the mirror and found that Bode was right:  my hair was standing on end, in lines and squiggles.  I wouldn't call it a "siren" but "Medusa" did come to mind.

I laughed out loud.  I told RWF what Bode had said to me this morning.  RWF replied, "Well, he's right."

Maybe this is why I decided to experiment with Gianna's hair this morning.  Because honestly, her hair didn't look that much better than mine when I got her up for breakfast.

Another reason is that I'm trying to keep her hair out of the stitches/bandage area.

Behold, first pigtails on our baby girl:








It was not easy scooping that fine, curly baby hair into pigtails and securing them. I just did a quick, messy job as an experiment. And Gianna wasn't so hip to the pigtails, either.

Here she is checking herself out in another mirror:








I think the pigtails lasted 5 minutes.  She walked up to me later, holding the hairbands out, like, "Here, these are of no use to me."
Today is the 30th, which means Miss Mia is 21 months. We are so close to the big 2. I can't believe it. I plan to write her monthly update tomorrow...stay tuned!
Happy weekend.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment