Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thaw



Yesterday it was 55 degrees.  55 degrees! And sunny! I felt like I had won the lottery.  And today is turning out even better, sunshine with a reported high of 63.  I can not believe my good luck. Thank you, Spring! Thanks for showing up early this year.  



Our yard is a mixture of (melting) snow, ice and large puddles of water.  It was warm yesterday, so the children were in fleece jackets. They wore snow boots on their feet because of the snow and wetness. The children played outside for a long time.  I think they enjoyed the warm weather and sunshine more than I did (if that is possible).

Bode loves that our driveway is getting flooded in parts, thanks to the melting snow. He pretends like it is a car wash and runs his bike (or Gianna in the car) through the water really fast.  

They love to "skate" on the ice, too.  This makes me incredibly nervous.  RWF thinks that it's great that they get out there and practice their balance on the ice.  



Of course, by the time I made everyone come inside for dinner, they were both absolutely soaked.  I had to strip them of their wet clothes and boots immediately. Their little feet and legs were red and cold.  They were not happy about changing into dry clothes and socks! Children are so funny in that they don't let a pair of soggy boots and pants stop them from play.


Yes, he is sitting in (cold) water.


Yesterday I ordered rain jackets, rain pants, and rain boots for the children. I am a little bit behind! I was not expecting Spring to arrive in NY so soon. Hopefully their rain gear will arrive quickly so that they can use it. 
Happy Spring!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment