Monday, March 12, 2012

Hair today

Today Bode and Gianna got haircuts.  We went to a dedicated children's hair salon that I found in a neighboring city. It's the same franchise we went to in Palo Alto.  I like this experience, and more importantly, I think the children do, too.  

Gianna was so tired by the time we got there. But she was a trooper, and so good, while Bode got his haircut and then while she got her hair cut.  Gianna got her baby hair snipped off! I had mixed feelings about this; hate to see the baby-baby stuff go, but also knew that she had dead ends that needed to be taken off.  





Her hair looks long when it is wet and combed out!



Her first "palm tree."

Her hair started curling up again even before we left the salon.
It wasn't until Bode was finished with his haircut that I realized I hadn't even snapped a photo of him.  I think I have a photo of every haircut he has gotten.  Here are his "after" photos:


Bode watching a little boy cry & scream during a haircut.

I am fortunate that both children do so well while getting haircuts.  There is usually a child in the salon that is crying and/or screaming.  Ai-yi-yi!  The drama! I feel so bad for the child, the mother, and the hair stylist.

Afterwards, we went to a shoe store and got Gianna fitted for new sneakers. This weekend, when I was putting her shoes on, I thought that Gianna's feet felt a little too snug. I was right: her feet have grown! I always feel bed, thinking that I'm shoving my kids' feet into too small shoes and they can't tell me. Bode's feet are the same size, so he didn't get any new shoes. I was wondering if this would be a problem. I worried that Bode would think, "Why is Gianna getting new shoes, and I am not?"  But he didn't seem to think anything of it.   That kind of thinking will come later, right. 

This weekend we drove to the "dacks," to Gore Mountain.  It is definitely bigger than the other two local ski areas.  But not anywhere I'd want to just hang out with Gianna. Why don't these places have nice lodges decked out with cushy sofas and fireplaces, a decent cafe, etc?  They need to get a clue from Park City and other areas. We drove into town afterwards and stopped at a little cafe for breakfast. I ordered the "lumberjack breakfast," and after the waitress had walked off with our order, RWF asked, "You do know what the 'lumberjack breakfast' means, right?" I told him that I was well aware of what I had ordered. When my food came, I cleaned my plate (Bode ate the 3 pieces of bacon).  It was delicious.   RWF laughed all the way home, and told me that he'd never let me forget the "lumberjack breakfast." 

Sunday, RWF took Bode skiing at West Mountain.  RWF said that he had the hardest time getting Bode to stop skiing. Bode gets tired, but isn't ready to stop. RWF always has to bribe Bode with food. I love that they go out to breakfast after skiing.  I love the idea of my two boys hanging out together. I think Bode really enjoys the time with his daddy. And I know that RWF loves it, or he wouldn't take Bode out every weekend. This may be the last weekend for skiing though. 

Today the high is supposed to reach 66 degrees. The sun is shining and I'm wondering why we are inside (naps).  I hated to use this beautiful morning getting haircuts, but Bode wanted to do that instead of going to the park.  (I can't explain it.)  This afternoon, I plan to take the children to a park.  We need to enjoy this beautiful weather while we have it!
Happy Monday.
xo
PS It should be noted that it snowed Friday night!  While Bode and Gianna were modeling their new rain gear, I looked outside and it looked like a blizzard.  I am gearing up for Spring, but becoming fast-aware that we are living in a totally different environment this year!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment