Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Child labor

Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching Gianna run on her little toddler legs all the way to P, who was standing several feet away.  When she got to Priscilla, P bussed Gianna on the face and the tush. Gianna smiled in return. They love each other so much!

Blurry evidence:







 No really, Gianna loves P:





Gianna has been feeding Priscilla since she was about 17 months old.  When I announce that it's time to feed P, Gianna will run to the pantry and get the scoop out.  I fill the scoop with dog food. Gianna takes the scoop and pours the dog food into P's bowl.  Yesterday after we filled P's dog bowl, I saw that Gianna had laid down beside P while she was eating. Gianna was watching P closely with a little smile on her face.  I tried to sneak a pic, but was too late.

Yesterday Bode decided that he was going to be Evil Kneievel.  I caught him on the front steps like this:


It took me about 2 minutes of persuading, and then 1 threat ("I'm taking the bike away from you if you don't get off it right this minute!") before he surrendered his bike and walked down the steps (whew! boys!). 

Then I got out a rake and started raking up all the leaves that have gathered to live on our front steps.  These leaves have bugged me all winter.  RWF told me to "not bother" because the leaves would just keep coming.  But now that it's warm out, I think it's time for the leaves to move on out.  

So I put the children to work. 


The novelty of the garden tools lasted about 10 minutes with them.  And really, their "working" on the leaves was just "spreading" them around and making me crazy! 

Then they were off to better things, like playing on the front porch and turning random branches into airplanes.












This afternoon, we have a play date at a park. Our very first play date here! I really want Bode and Gianna to meet some kids and start having fun. Fingers crossed.
Happy Wednesday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment