Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to school

Guess who had his first day of school today.



No, not Japan. (silly)

It was Bode William's return to school today. It went very well.  He ran right into his classroom and never even looked back (at me).  He didn't even say hello to his teacher, Miss Amy (who was his teacher last year).  So without further ado, I just left.  It was kind of funny to be one of the "old-timers" and watch the "newbies" (the new parents) stand around, looking worriedly at their toddler to see if it was "okay" to leave them alone in the classroom. What's the big deal?  (Just kidding!)

At pick-up, it was a different scene.  The parents were happy to walk up and see their children playing in the playground. Their faces relieved of the tension held early this morning, they stood around smiling and watching their new preschoolers.  But I had some tension. I had a really hard time getting Bode to leave!  He ignored me  and would not stop playing, even when I told him that he would be back.


Miss Amy (below, in the green dress) had to help me.  After several minutes of me pleading with him to come with me, she tried talking to him.  When he ignored her, she said, "Come on, Bode, Mommy is ready...help Mommy."  And she gently picked up Bode and carried him to my car. I really like Miss Amy. More importantly, Bode likes Miss Amy a lot.





We got into the car and Bode said, "Mom (he has been calling me "Mom" for a week now), can we go to Starbucks for a treat?"  (Dude, you read my mind!)  So off we went to Starbucks for a mini celebration.  (I was going to take him to the ice cream place for a special back-to-school treat, but since he specifically requested "Starbucks"......)



He's getting so big. I can't believe that he's going to be 4 in a couple of weeks!

We ended the day in new (Fall) pjs,  reading stories before bedtime.  I really cherish my bedtime routine with my babies.  I don't want that to ever end.





Tomorrow is suture removal!  Unfortunately, Bode will miss school.  Keep your fingers crossed that the procedure is anxiety-free and painless for Bode. Whether it is good or bad, I see another treat in our future. ;)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment