Saturday, September 15, 2012

Last-minute stuff

Three days left,  and I have a whole long list of things "to do" this weekend. My official "last weekend before baby comes so let's get everything taken care of" list.  And that list includes: cleaning the house, cooking food, laundry, ironing and putting away clothes, and going to Starbucks by myself for a last solo mocha/scone outing.  You know that the last item on that list is most important to me.

But this morning, RWF reminded me of something that was important to him (or, to Bode).  Skis!  We went to the ski shop and got Bode fitted for skis for this winter.  It was not high on my priorities (of course) but I did it.  Once he figured out what we were doing, it wasn't high on Bode Wm's priority list, either.  He was kind of grouch the whole time.  But we got him fitted, so now he'll be set for winter.






Gianna, on the other hand, is a natural shopper.  She found plenty of "stuff" that she wanted.  She could be heard saying, "Dat one! Dat one, Mommy!" or "Put dis on me."  She found a cute pair of red ski boots that she liked (they didn't have her size).  And what ski outfit would be complete without a pink helmet?






The babies were pretty zonked after the visit to the ski shop. They both napped!  And then they got up and played outside with their father while I had a solo outing.  And by the time I got home (from more shopping/errand running/mocha drinking), they were zonked again.

Exhausted children lying down on top of a sandbox

We also went to the park. And while swinging, Bode suggested that we eat at this bar-b-que joint that he likes a lot. So we did. We sat outside at a picnic table, ate bar-b-que and listened to 50s music. It was a very enjoyable evening.  

And Gianna would like everyone to know that she really, really likes her Daddy's green drinks, and that she is soon to be a big sister.  (RWF put this shirt on her this morning. When I saw what Gianna was wearing, I said, "She's not supposed to wear that until AFTER the baby comes."  But when RWF is dressing either child, he is the type  that just picks up the first shirt he sees.  So he saw this shirt this morning, and put it on Gianna. And then he gave her a green drink, which she promptly spilled all over her new, white "big sister" t-shirt. The end.)


Happy weekend.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment