Friday, September 28, 2012

Homecoming

This photo says it all:


Nico's homecoming

Bode and Gianna have welcomed baby Nico into their lives with big smiles and open hearts. They have been loving, excited to see him every chance they get, and always quick to help me by letting me know, "Nico's crying!" (Gianna is especially concerned when she hears the baby cry.)  Bode is so sweet, always saying, "I want Nico to be happy."  and "I will help you."  Both embarrassing for me, and hilariously funny is when it is time to feed baby Nico, and Bode always lifts up his shirt and says, "I will feed him!" 




Am getting used to little people waking me up during the day by jumping on my bed:


Am getting used to coloring in bed, as well as stickers and stories (as well as the stray crayons/stickers found in my sheets when I am sleeping):




Bode and Gianna  have accepted that Mommy stays in bed (with Nico) a lot. They have been so great about accepting this huge change, and adapting it to their needs as well (see coloring and stickers pics above).

RWF has been such a great Daddy to them both, and I feel like this has been monumental in how they've accepted this drastic change in their lives.  RWF has been with them 24/7 for the past 2 weeks, taking them out to play, feeding them, dressing, bathing, reading, etc. etc. He has been a "single dad" and done great.  The smiles and love radiating from Bode and Gianna every day is the proof!

When things do get crazy (and they do), RWF has secret tricks in his back pocket:  dance parties, music, and snacks.  I have to remember these tips for when I am solo-parenting!










I [heart] my little family.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment