Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's Friday, I'm in love

It's Friday, and I'm in love with:

The many faces of Gianna.  She is so expressive, and her vocab astounds me every day.  





She wants to be just like her big brother.  Here she is learning how to hit a ball with a bat.




I'm in love with this boy's imagination.  We were playing ball outside and he grew bored.  He took the two bats, and started fooling around with them. He put the two bats behind his back, and moved them back and forth, like scissors. Suddenly, he announced, "I'm a...I'm a...mosquito! And I'm going to get you!"  He then proceeded to take large "bites" out of my stomach while saying, "Nom-nom-nom!'  It is so fun to see your baby's imagination in action. (I laughed and laughed, but eventually had to ask him to stop, because really, the mosquito bites were a bit much!)



I'm in love with my whole family, who send good thoughts to Bode since his fall. We appreciate all the phone calls and thoughts for Bode.  He is doing fine (of course).  And many thanks for talking me through my first e.r./stitches experience (and the assurances that this won't be the last, I guess?).

Last, I'm in love with watching Bode's smile spread across his face when he realizes that his Aunt Melinda sent him a Spiderman t-shirt and hoody in his care package.  He had the biggest smile on his face, and he insisted on putting on the t-shirt immediately.  My boy thinks Spiderman is rad, and talks about him a lot.  (still have no clue how he discovered Spiderman!)  Gianna got "kitty-kat" pjs, so she was pretty happy, too.  Sending a care package for a "boo-boo" was so sweet, just like my sister, and it also is so like my mother, and it warms my heart that my sister reminds me of my mom in that regard.




Happy Friday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment