Friday, September 28, 2012

Nico's first days

Waiting (before c-section)

My reward (after c-section)

A happy new daddy, for the 3rd time

First diaper change (RWF)



Pictures by Bode and Gianna


This photo above cracks me up.  On my last night in the hospital, I had a wonderful nurse who insisted on taking Nico from me for a couple of hours so that I could rest. Despite all my protests (I DID NOT want to hand MY baby over to anyone), she refused to give up. "You're going to need it," she insisted.  I finally relented, thinking that I would call for him in a few minutes. But she came back into my room about 30 minutes later (I had, in fact, fallen asleep!), "Miss Heather, he just won't settle. We've tried everything. Please feed him for a few more minutes, call me as soon as you're done and we'll try again."  I took my baby into my arms and laughed at his 'do.  The nurse explained that she had tried brushing his hair to soothe him. He looks so funny with his hair brushed back like that! I had to take a snap.  

On the way home. Hooray!
Now we are home and learning about each other.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment