Thursday, October 4, 2012

Drive



I took the little fam out for a drive today.  I was feeling housebound, and had a strong need to get out.  So I packed the little babe into his car seat (after a seriously long feed, which contributes to my feeling of "stuck").  I announced to Gianna and Bode that we were going "bye bye."  Gianna is my "goodbye girl" and so she was very happy to hear that Mommy was finally taking her out. It has been over 3 weeks since I've taken Gianna anywhere.  Bode said that he wanted to stay home. So I bribed him with a muffin.  

My outing was just a drive to the dry cleaners to drop off RWF's clothes, and then to get a muffin from a drive-through (the muffin bribe worked).  Our outing lasted a total of 21 minutes.  But at least we got out. It is a start.

I am not ready to attempt to take all 3 monkeys to a public place.  One, my stomach/scar is still not 100%, and I find that I get sore and/or uncomfortable after standing/walking around with the baby (in a carrier) after awhile. Two, I am not ready to chase after/negotiate with 2 toddlers in public while feeling this way.  Three, the wee babe still feeds like every 20 minutes (no joke) so I did not want to get stuck anywhere with a hungry baby and two potentially cranky toddlers.  

Not yet.

Happy Thursday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment