Friday, October 26, 2012

It's Friday, I'm in love

Happy Friday, Friends! Today I'm in love with:




Baby smiles!  Go ahead, tell me that they aren't "real," or tell me that they are a by-product of "gas," but I'm still going to enjoy these first smiles. I snapped these quickly with my iPhone yesterday. 

I'm in love with sister-love.  As in, how this little sister does everything that her brother does and says. Yesterday, we all were playing chase and "keep away" with a ball.  Every time Bode stumbled, Gianna would fall down, too, and almost in the exact same way that Bode fell. (She also repeats most things that Bode says, which, truth be told, can be annoying at times!)






How sweet is that?





I'm in love with playing with my children. Yesterday afternoon was the first time I have really played with Bode and Gianna since bringing Nico home.  How sad is that?  We all had fun. I actually felt 'lighter' as I ran around with them (Nico strapped to me in the Bjorn).

I'm in love with Halloween!  Yesterday, we ran out to get a doughnut because this Mommy is going stir-crazy not driving for 6 weeks. I needed to get out.  So we went through a drive-thru for a mocha and donuts. Then we drove through a neighborhood and spied Halloween decorations.  Inspired by what we saw, we went home and pulled out our own Halloween decorations.  Here is an old inflatable that my mom gave Bode over 2 years ago.  It made me miss my mom so much. She loved Halloween, and was a big kid (as such, a lot of fun around holidays).  I know that she would love that we still have this inflatable, and display it for our babies!




I haven't decided if we'll go trick-or-treating this year. If we do, it will be our first year to do so.  But I may not be up for it, with the baby and all. Bode and Gianna do have costumes and will wear them on the big day, so stay tuned for pics!

Last, I'm in love with the fact that tonight, RWF returns home from a week long biz trip. Hooray! Our little fam will be together again.
Happy weekend.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment