Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Nico: 5 weeks




Dear Nico,
How are you 5 weeks old already?!  I have been through this before. I know that time flies.  But this is ridiculous.

You are much more alert these past few days.  Now, you are looking directly at us. When I peer into your blue eyes, you stare right back at me. When Bode and/or Gianna are around you, you actually crane your head around to get a better look at them.  Speaking of your head, you have much better control of your head these days, too.  You're still a little wobbly when held upright, but you're stronger.

Saturday night, you gave your daddy three big smiles.  It was so special. He was holding you on his legs, with you facing him.  He was dancing with you, moving your arms while singing his little "doo-doo-doo" song that he sings to his babies.  And you smiled. And we both stopped and gasped.  Daddy asked me, "Did you see that..." and I said, "Yes!" but before I even finished saying it, you smiled again. And then again.  You have a terrific smile. We can't wait to see more of them.

I have figured out that as long as you are fed, you'll sleep for 2 solid hours in your car seat.  So now, when I have to take your brother to school, I just feed you well and then pop you into the car seat. You're good for a couple of hours sleep - hooray!  But guess what: when you sleep for a couple of hours during the day, I actually miss you.  I keep looking at you to make sure that you're breathing and hoping that you'll open your eyes and wake up.  

You still have a squeaky, weak cry that makes you sound kind of like a sick, hoarse cat. You're a very noisy sleeper (this is another thing that keeps me awake at night). You snuffle, snort and cough while snoozing. Sometimes I pop out of bed, thinking that you're awake. But you're still sleeping (so noisy!).

You look so much like your brother Bode at this age. Sometimes I call you "Bode," especially when I'm alone with you in the dark early hours of the morning.  But there is such a strong resemblance that I sometimes think that I'm blessed with the same precious baby. 

I know that you have your own looks, and your own personality. And whether you look like Bode or not, I am definitely blessed with a precious baby.
Love,
Mommy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment