Thursday, October 18, 2012

Golden slumbers


Today is absolutely gorgeous.  We spent our entire morning outside, enjoying the sunshine and warmth. It has been overcast and rainy for the past 2 weeks or so.  Our street is lined with trees in orange, yellow and red.  There is one section of the road that is like driving through a sunshine tunnel, it is so bright and sunny.  Our backyard is a confetti shower of yellow leaves; it looks like an all-day party in our backyard. It's cheerful and makes me giddy to watch the yellow leaves raining down.  (Sadly, this all will end soon, and we all know what comes next.)

Today's weather is such a joy! 



Bode and Gianna started 'wrestling' with each other while sitting on the sandbox  lid.  I was watching them, and noticed that they started pushing into each other.  It was so funny that I had to laugh out loud. As soon as I laughed, they joined in, too.








Where was Sir Nicholas in all of this? He was sleeping on my lap!  (Baby Murphy's Law states that the baby will sleep when you, the mother, are not able to sleep.)



I wish I could nap. But I can't.  Bode doesn't nap, which is one reason why I don't can't nap.  Yesterday we did a quick craft while Nico snoozed.   


What, you can't tell what our craft is???  Look closer:


We collected (a million) acorn caps from our yard.  Then we glued the acorn caps to multi-colored felt balls to create colorful little acorns.  I love it. I need to find a smaller glass dish to display them, or maybe just keep gluing the acorn caps to the felt balls until I fill this container more. 

While we were crafting, Bode wanted to know if the tiny pumpkin was for Nico.  I replied, "I guess...if that is what you want."  So then, after we finished our craft, I hear him over by (sleeping) Nico, stating, "Here you go, Nichoras. Here is your pumpkin."  I walked over later, saw that Bode had placed the pumpkin next to (sleeping) Nico, and snapped this pic:



Hope that you have the lovely sunshine that we are enjoying today. Get outside!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment