Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bode models for Fall

Yesterday we had a nice little play date in the park with Bode's play group.  The most noticeable thing is the boys actually are playing together now (instead of "parallel play" or "side-by-side" play).  They all got on the slide and laughed while climbing over and around each other. They also played together in the sand box, moving their trucks around each other and pouring sand into each other's trucks.  After surveying the group, it seems that all the babies* are in preschool.  I am still on the fence. I like having Bode at home with me and Gianna.  And, I really feel that once I put him in, I won't be able to take him back out (of school).  I am gathering information and interviewing preschools now. But I am leaning (right now) (this second) toward keeping him home.


Derek

Gianna will not be contained, and crawls everywhere.

Billy and Bode

Bode's face has now scabbed up since his fall on Monday.  And I swear, I have had to stop myself so many times today from not wiping his face and demanding, "How did you get chocolate all over your face?"  It really looks like he's got food, or something, on his face.

I know that I just blogged about beachwear for the babies. But I am SO READY for Fall!!! I love Fall. It is my favorite season.  I love it for many reasons. The colors of green, brown, orange,  plum, grey and black.  The cooler air, and hopefully, a cold winter to follow. I love "falling back" and how it gets dark around 4:30 in the afternoon. The "back to school" supplies and clothes shopping. I don't mind firing up the oven when it is 50 degrees or cooler outside, and love how comforting soups and casseroles are in the evenings. I find the new Fall fashions featured in all the mags so exciting. I love wearing sweaters, fleece, and boots. My two favorite holidays are in the Fall: Halloween and Thanksgiving. Fall is so many great things!

Today we did a little shopping for Fall.  The whole family got some fleece jackets and vests.  Of course, after I had him try it on for size, Bode insisted on wearing his fleece vest while shopping.  Then the store clerk had to scan him in order to ring it up because he wouldn't take it off.  And he wore it outside, on our long walk back to the car, in our sunny 76 degree weather. 

Here he is being a "live model" outside the store. 





Check out the filthy hands!  He crawled around on the floor while I was shopping. Lovely 2 year old behavior.


Bode and Gianna both got the same green vest, thanks to the stock-on-hand. And, spoiler alert!  They both have the same fleece jackets, too. So they will be dressed alike, even though I did not purposely buy them the same colors.  I want to go on record:  it is not intentional!


Gianna is not buying what Bode is selling. She is, after all, a summer baby.
 Are you ready for Fall?  Do you buy new clothes and school supplies?  I can't resist a little "back-to-school shopping," even though it's been years since I've been an official student.
xo
* I read this post, and noticed that I refer to them as babies while talking about preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment