Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bode: 34 months

Dear Bode,
Here are some things that you say regularly that crack me up:

  • "Maybe tomorrow" (when we ask if you will do something), or, even better is:
  • "Maybe Sunday"  (I don't know where you got this "Sunday" business, but it is hilarious. I love it when you think you are putting something off for a long time by declaring, "Maybe Sunday," and  I can respond, "Well guess what? Today IS Sunday." And then you are at a loss. Ha!)
  • "Mommy, you need a passing move."  This is taken from a Cars story that you love.  Without going into details about the story itself, this means that Mommy needs to chill out.  Sometimes I get wound up about something, like a mess or traffic, and you will  wisely, calmly announce, "Mommy, you need a passing move." And I know that is my cue to calm down.
  • "I do it myself." (self-explanatory...this is both hilarious and frustrating for Mommy and Daddy).
  • "What's wrong, sweeepea?" this is said to Gianna in the most angelic, high-pitched voice, and conversely:
  • "No, no, Gianna!"  you love telling your baby sister when she can't do something! I am afraid that this is going to be a more common refrain as you age.
You say a lot of great things to me every day.  I wish that I could just walk around with a video camera all day, recording every second of your beautiful life. You are so much fun, and I love hanging out with you.
love,
Mommy
xo

PS Here are some snaps of you getting ready for bed the other night. You are wearing some pajama shorts on your head as a hat, and some pajama pants around your neck for a scarf.  You don't just say funny things, you still do funny things, too! Thanks for the laughs, my happy little guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment