Monday, August 15, 2011

Gymboree and a face plant

Bode and Gianna went to Gymboree today.  It is the first time we have been since Gianna was about 2 months old.  They have a family class now so both babies can attend the same class together.  This is great for me, because I don't have to worry about a sitter for Gianna while Bode goes to class. It is not so great for me, because now I have to to keep up with two wild, tumbling, climbing monkeys! Just kidding...they both have fun and this is probably the best place to let them both loose.  As I suspected, Gianna loved this place.  She is so active and is such a climber.  Gymboree is the perfect environment for this 13 month old adventurer!




Bode enjoyed himself, too.  He still tends to go off by himself and do his own thing during class time though.  This had me questioning his attending preschool again. This weekend, I thought a lot about putting him into preschool.  I asked him if he wants to go, and he said, "Yes, I want to go to school."  But I don't think he knows what he's talking about, and told him that we will table the discussion for another year. (kidding!)



You are looking more and more like your daddy.

Then again, maybe preschool would be safer than home?  This afternoon, Bode was playing outside and tripped.  The right side of his face got pretty banged up.  NOTE: it did not happen on my watch.  A babysitter was watching him while I ran an errand. I note this because I already feel terrible about how he fell on my watch when I was sick with that virus in July.  His lip still hasn't healed.  And now, it really isn't going to heal because he fell and scratched the same spot again!  My poor little guy.


The baby sitter took this shot of Bode after the fall. As soon as I walked through the door, she was all apologies and showed me this picture (because Bode was "napping").    I of course took one look at this picture while she was describing what happened and raced down to his room to make sure that he was okay! My poor little guy is all banged up.  Little does he know, but he could get away with murder right now, because I am so sympathetic to his wounds!  I have to remember to not wince when I look at him. He is self-conscious about his face, and doesn't want to talk about it.

Later in the afternoon, we went to a music play date with Gianna's play group.  Bode loves singing so he enjoys this music play date more than any of the babies!  Gianna's favorite thing is to clap after the song is over, though she does a great "If you're happy and you know it" (the "...clap your hands" part and lifting her arms above her head for the "..shout hooray" part).  Today all she wanted to do was eat.  Bode was embarrassed because one mom immediately asked what was wrong with his face, and asked me if he has allergies.  I replied, "No, he doesn't have allergies. He just has a negligent baby sitter."
Poor Bode!

Eat and eat and eat and

eat and eat and eat and

EAT!
Happy Monday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment