Saturday, August 20, 2011

T.G.I.D.

Gianna wearing new Fall pjs. Not her brother's hand-me-downs!
This is my word play on T.G.I.F. Can you guess what T.G.I.D. means?
Thank God, It's Daddy!
Bob returned home late this afternoon.  We picked him up from the airport.  I thought it would be sweet to pick him up, in a Hallmark card kind of way.  We'd pull up to the curbside pick-up right as Bob was looking for us, and he'd give a little wave. The children would be all smiles greeting Bob.
I'm joking. Sort of.  It wasn't like that at all.


We got there 15 minutes before his scheduled arrival.  That should have been my first clue that things were not going to be like a sweet greeting card. I parked in the "Cell Phone Waiting Area" (a parking lot just outside the airport) and eagerly waited for my phone to ring, for Bob to say, "I'm here, come pick me up at Terminal B."  Instead, I waited 5 minutes and then called him. No answer.  I waited another 5 minutes and called him again.  After several more minutes, Bob finally picked up, and told me, in his Public Speaking Voice (the phone voice he uses at work and with acquaintances) that they had just landed. He added, probably exactly like the pilot just told him, that it would be a few minutes for them to taxi to the gate.  While we waited for his damn plane to park at the gate, Gianna and Bode were both super fussy.  Gianna was crying, to the tune of, "Why am I in this stupid car seat, anyway?" Bode was whining about some car that he dropped on the floor and couldn't reach, thanks to being locked into his car seat.  After a few minutes, I got out and gave it to him.  Bode dropped another car and started whining again. I was whining, too.  Inside, I mean.  Internally, I was whining, "WHY IS THAT DAMN AIRPLANE STILL ON THE TARMAC?  WHY DOESN'T BOB JUST JUMP OUT OF THE DAMN PLANE AND RUN TO OUR CAR ALREADY?"

I guess I was a little anxious for Bob to be home. It had been a long week.  The travel this month has been crazy. Anyway. Once he got in the car, we drove home in better spirits.

After dinner, instead of my strict adherence to The Schedule, we went outside so that Bode could ride his bike.   Bode and Gianna both enjoyed a little "daddy time" before bed time.


Swinging Gianna

Wheeee!



Gianna loves following Bode when he is on the bike.

Bode loves riding his bike these days! He is so confident.


Bode enjoying a bedtime story with Bob.


Right now, Bob is annoyed with me because, while he was traveling, I (inadvertently) filled up our DVR with my tv shows.  He says he is annoyed because I hit the button that says, "Record Everything." Ooops! Welcome home, Bob.  Enjoy spending the weekend deleting all my shows off the DVR. That is, when you are not busy entertaining your children!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment