Thursday, August 25, 2011

I scream, you scream

We went for ice cream today.  It was one of those spur-of-the-moment, "We're really doing this," spontaneous, outrageous (read: desperate) things you do when you're a parent.  Okay, maybe not "outrageous" to most parents. I admit that Bob and I are a little conservative on the sweets.



Bode and Gianna have never had ice cream.  I thought it was time!!! 

Oh, who am I kidding? I wanted ice cream. 

Actually, I feel the tiniest bit bad that Bob wasn't there with us.  But then, I wouldn't be doing this if Bob were here.

Bode was first. I picked him up and let him study the ice cream case. We talked about the flavors and the colors.  He picked "blue"  which was cotton-candy flavored.  I put him down and asked for a sugar cone with one small scoop.   Then I presented the ice cream cone to Bode with a flourish.  He turned away.  He had no interest.  I talked about how ice cream is yummy, how it is made with milk, etc.  But he didn't even want to try it.  "Fine," I said and went to ask for a cup to hold his unwanted cone.

Then I ordered a vanilla cone for Gianna.  She grabbed that cone and knew exactly what to do with it.  She took a bite. And then another. And then another.  And then another. And on and on. 

She practically GROWLED at me when I tried to take the ice cream cone away from her.








And then she washed it all down with a bottle of milk.  Bode eventually tried his ice cream.  I  think watching Gianna chow down on her cone got him a little bit curious.  But he wasn't an instant fan.  This is probably the one and only time that I will have to 'force' ice cream on Bode.
Hope your Thursday is sweet!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment