Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer List

Bode and I blowing bubbles outside while Gianna naps.


June 21 has come and gone, but I thought I'd commit my summer list online anyway!  I am a notorious procrastinator!  Despite being a procrastinator, I've accomplished a lot on this list (see notes below).

Beach
Museum
Picnic in the park
Matinee
Zoo
Homemade popsicles
5 new summer salads
Lunch date out
Farmer's market
Garden

I have made 4 of my 5 new summer salads.  They are:

Quinoa, corn and tarragon
Black bean, corn and avocado
Asian steak and noodle
Lettuce cups with shredded chicken, veggies and rice noodles

Let me know if you can think of a stellar salad for my last salad of the summer!

Bob and I were able to make a few lunch dates out.  We found this Mexican dive on a major road, where we ate outside on rickety metal chairs.  The "outdoor seating" (if you can call it that) was precariously close to the parking lot. So any time a car would back up, we would be jumping out of chairs. You would think that this time would be spent catching up on our lives, making plans, discussing dreams, looking meaningfully into each other's eyes (not), etc.  Not me. I stuffed my face full of beans, cheese, and fried tortillas. Yum.  Bob still loves me, I think, even though  I said little, and gorged myself repeatedly on these lunch dates.

I have taken the babies to the park, a museum, and the farmer's market.  I haven't taken them to the zoo because I am a touch nervous about that.  I know it can be done. I just need to do it.  The beach will happen in late September. So does that still count on my summer list?  I think so!

We were excited to give Bode his first popsicle on July 4.  But Bode wasn't into it.  Repeated offers of a popsicle were rejected. So I'm holding off on making homemade popsicles, and a matinee, until next summer when my boy is a little older.




Bode and I have a nice little garden of tomatoes, cukes, and bell peppers.  The garden has been a great activity for the two of us to share while Gianna naps. We have picked three tomatoes and one cucumber this summer.  I don't know what happened to our bell peppers. But I'm happy with our small harvest anyway.  Check out this small plot, and tell me it isn't impressive that we got some veggies out of the ground:



And that, my friends, is the summer list.  Did you make a summer list? Anything that you *have* to do to make it officially summer? There's still time!
xo

1 comment:

  1. We have been living on cut up tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh basil, a little olive oil and a little red wine vinegar!! Yum...nothing is as good as a sweet fresh tomato!!! I think your garden is awesome and you can make our favorite summer salad using your bounty. Happy gardening!!

    Love, Aunt Dawn and Uncle Craig

    ReplyDelete