Sunday, August 21, 2011

Start your engines

This morning, Bob went out on a long bike ride. It is the one and only thing that he does for himself on the weekends. While Gianna napped, Bode rode his bike up and down the driveway.  Then he and I branched out, rolling down our neighborhood street. When he is on his bike, his whole being just exudes happiness and confidence. 

Then Bob rode up. Bode absolutely loved that he and Bob met up on their bikes in the street.  They bumped front tires in greeting, talked about their helmets, and then "raced" home together.




Later, Bode and I drove downtown for a Starbucks run.  As we pulled into our square, I noticed that the main street was blocked off to traffic.  I parked, and we went to investigate why the street was cordoned off.  To Bode's good fortune, it was a car show!  And not just any car show, but a Corvette car show.  We delayed our Starbucks order. We walked up and down the street, admiring the cars and listening to a live band sing about a brown eyed girl.


Three long blocks, lined up and down with Corvettes!


Dancing to the "mooosic"


Mommy's fav in "jewel blue"

My favorite car in the show was an old convertible Corvette. I think it was a 1961 model.  It had original paint, which was called, "jewel  blue."  Isn't that a great name?  Did I mention it is for sale?  My birthday is near.
In the afternoon,  I decided that we would go to our little ice cream shop for a treat.  We drove downtown, and  we arrived to find that the car show was still going on.  So we trekked up and down three blocks again, looking at the Corvettes on display. We decided that it was too close to dinnertime for ice cream. We opted to go to the park instead.



My iPhone is super slow.  Bob told me that I need to dump all 1,874 photos stored on my iPhone in order to free up some memory.  The idea of deleting the photos off my iPhone makes me sad.  It is a source of comfort to me. I usually look through my photos several times a day, and always once before I go to sleep. It tells me a happy story of my little family, starting with Bode around 18 months, Gianna's birth, and the present day. It is the perfect fairy tale to put me to sleep.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment