Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dirt. It's what's for breakfast.

People!  I am having such issues with the weather. Already! And, (to quote one of my favorite Carpenters songs) we've only just begun!  It is dark here. I can't take photos in the dark. Any one who owns a camera knows this simple fact.  So although my goal was to complete holiday cards before December 1, it is not going to happen!  I tried to take shots this morning. Witness:


My children play with dirt and sticks.  Fa la la la laaa!
Yesterday, we added Christmas lights to the trees out front. Hooray! 

Runnin' runnin' runnin'...runnin' (a la Black-eyed Peas)
Miss Independent, just hangin'
Yesterday we went on a marathon shopping spree of craft supplies.  We bought ribbon, a glue gun, a (plain) wreath, ornaments, Christmas lights, and other stuff. (I'm already thinking, "What was I thinking???" I am not crafty.)  Today we are "stuck" at home because we are waiting on the car transporter to deliver the QEII.  I was informed yesterday that the rear window on the other car was busted in transport. Apparently, the car "bounced" and hit the back ramp. No more rear window.  They are replacing it and the car should arrive on Friday.  Not happy.   RWF has taken this news very calmly and casually. I imagine if it were the QEII's rear window, RWF would be getting pretty hot under the collar. I'm just sayin'....

Anyway. In anticipation of being at home, we gathered many supplies yesterday.  Today is a Christmas craft-down.   Not really. It is the start of the Christmas craft-down.   This morning, Bode and I planted our Amaryllis and Paperwhites!  I love planting these bulbs. I love Amaryllis, especially the pinky-white ones. Ours are red this year. I guess Saratoga Springs doesn't stock pinky-white Amaryllis. (dig) The Paperwhites are white, of course. (snort)

Bode enjoyed digging in the dirt over breakfast.

Mmmm!

Mmm, Mmm...Mmmmm!


The above photo cracks me up because I think about an adult Bode finding this random picture years and years later, and thinking, "What the hell?"

Hopefully we will have flowers by Christmas, or the new year!  This afternoon, I have more plans for Christmas craftiness.*  Or, if it's not raining, we might just get outside and run again.  I hope that you have sunshine in your 'hood.
xo
* I love, love, love the movie Steel Magnolias. And every time I think about Christmas, or Christmas crafts, I think about this movie.  Remember when Annelle bought all the (mismatched) nativity sets at the church fire sale, and glued all the baby Jesus onto wreaths?  I need to watch this movie again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment