Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Work in progress

Yesterday the movers arrived with our stuff!  It was so exciting, and such a relief.

Of course, things got crazy pretty quick, too.  Imagine 6 men coming into your house, each carrying a few boxes, and asking you, "Where do you want this?" and imagine them doing this over and over and over for 7 hours. It was exhausting. I had two basic responses to the men asking me where they should put things. One response was, "What is it?" and the other was, "In the basement."  The basement has become my catch-all for the I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-this-yet. 

Bode enjoyed watching the men unload the truck(s) and carry boxes into the house. He was pretty good about staying out of their way as they worked.  Gianna was super-clingy. So I walked around the house with a baby on my hip for most of the day. My arms are tired, and it's not from carrying moving boxes.

Toward the end of the day, things were very, very messy.  The movers unpacked everything but really didn't know where to put it.  So everything is just out.  My kitchen is a crazy maze of plastic, glass, and paper. The other rooms are also chaotic.  I did manage to tidy up Bode's and Gianna's room before they went to bed. The house will just be a work in progress for as long as it takes.  I did tell myself that I can't buy anything or otherwise "decorate" until everything is put in its place. So there's a little motivation to keep plugging away at the piles of stuff.




We've been feeling very unsettled lately. Hopefully with familiar things around us, we'll start to "settle down." ;)
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment