Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hello, Goodbye

Yesterday was Bode's last play date with his play group.  This was the first time we have seen everyone since we left for Berlin, and the last time we will see them again. Hello, goodbye.
I just hate that these two won't grow up together!

We will miss you, Derek!


It was a grey day and it sprinkled off and on.  For some reason, I was inspired to cook!  I made homemade tomato soup.  I chose tomato soup because I have about 500 cans of tomatoes in my pantry.  It was delicious (if I say so myself). It reminded me of the tomato soup that you get at La Madeliene.   It is Michael Chiarello's recipe. Does anyone know who I am talking about?  (swoon)  I used to watch him when I was a girl. And I mean: girl.  I think I may have been 10 years old.  My father was a huge fan of cooking shows.  Back then, you could only watch cooking shows on PBS. They didn't have dedicated channels like Food Network! Sunday afternoons, my parents would watch Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, and Martin Yan dominate the stovetop.  I inherited that love of watching a master chef expertly moving around the kitchen, deftly chopping herbs and vegetables, mixing the ingredients together, and putting them into a "magic oven" that cooked a wonderful looking meal in under 3 minutes. The only downside to watching cooking shows is that you miss out on the wonderful aromas!  I could watch cooking shows all day. They are so calming and relaxing. 


We went for a family walk yesterday.  It is so nice to have Priscilla back with us.  We missed her so much. An owl was who-who-hooting as we walked down the road. There are so many things about this area that I will miss.
Happy Saturday.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment