Monday, November 7, 2011

Home, for a short time

Bode and Priscilla at Byrne today.

We are home. We are struggling through the jet lag (oh, the exhaustion!) and time difference (curse you, fall back!).  The babies are doing as well as can be expected.  Bode is incredibly loopy when he is not sleeping. Gianna is incredibly clingy when she is not sleeping. I am incredibly irritable when I am not sleeping. Bob is incredibly busy when he is not sleeping. 

It is back to reality for me.  I have to admit that I was feeling safely cocooned from reality (the reality of our big move to New York) while in Germany.  I hope that tomorrow I feel a little more "normal" and can start to tackle the many things that need to be done before the move.  I really have no choice. Things must be done. 

Two things I wanted to do as soon as we returned home were to visit Starbucks and Whole Foods. I did both today. I nearly fell to my knees and kissed the floor when I entered Whole Foods this afternoon.

The best part of this weekend, next to being home?  Seeing Priscilla again! I missed her so much. Saturday felt weird because we were home, but a big part of our home was still missing. Priscilla came home on Sunday. She looks great! Thank you, Andrew, for taking such good care of her. Bob, Bode and Priscilla went to Byrne this afternoon for a big walk. When Bob showed me pictures from the walk, I almost couldn't look at them. It is hard to believe that many of our favorite things will soon only be pictures and memories.
Happy Tuesday.
xo
Photo: RWF

No comments:

Post a Comment